HOME SWEET HOME TOUR... Guest/kids Bathroom

Hello Friends!
Well, I've been wanting to show you our guest/kids bath for a while now... but it's really no fun to take pics in a room with no windows.  Especially when I LOVE natural light... pictures without it are just kinda boring and flat, in my opinion :( 
But for the sake of some fun things that I wanted to show you, I buckled down, set my white balance for those pesky yellow lights, and snapped away.

As far as the decor of the bathroom goes... it was a frantic attempt to complete the bathroom before we had company over this past summer.  We painted during the night, and I decorated it all the next day.  So everything in there is... hmm... let's call it "resourceful"! 


I'm going to commentate this tour... (I personally usually prefer the silent type tours... but I'm feeling chatting today. sorry :) )
This paint color actually is brighter than it looks in this pic... I like the pic better :)  But hey, that's what you get when you paint right before company comes over!  And yes, I know that everyone and their dog has that shower curtain... but hey!  It's really cute.. and funky retro!

And yes, for those of you who are shuddering, that's a deer rack above the toilet.  Hey, at least we used a small one :)  It was one of my husbands first bucks when he was little.  I actually really like it... it works so well with the theme!


To add to the nature/woodsy feel (and the poky dangerous feel... in combo with the antlers) of the room, we found this branch in yard and screwed it to the wall! 


I strung some paper cut outs of birds onto embroidery thread with a needle and anchored the bottom with a little twig, then hung them from the branch...  kinda weird... but I really like them :)  I used an old children's primer and found a story that was about a pet bird... not that that makes them any less weird :)


I also happened to have the perfect picture to frame... my Sadie Pie... all covered in mud.  perfect.  I only had a 8x10 frame, so I crumpled up a brown paper bag and used it as a mat in the background.


Some vintage Bambi playing cards that I picked up somewhere, turned them into a cute mini bunting... forgot I had them! 


And of course, what room of mine would be complete without a leftover fabric covered bucket  from way back when!...  I do like it though :)  And I just love the vintage nature books... fun.

Anywho! That's about it... Hope you enjoyed the tour and my ramblings! :)

Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. Adorable bathroom. Love the muddy Sadie photo... perfect for a bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bathroom is fantastic. And with me being in Australia, I have never seen that shower curtain before and I think it is sooo funky!!
    www.theratherbusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips