Arts & Crafts Fair 2009

Our decorative picture frames made from old books covered in fabric... so fun and unique!
SEE A TUTORIAL FOR COVERING OLD BOOKS WITH FABRIC HERE :)

8X10 picture frame mats...no more blah framed photos! (the newest fabrics aren't shown, but they're the same as on the buckets)  TUTORIAL FOR FABRIC MATS HERE :)
Room Garlands...these match some of the wall butterflies


Wall Butterflies

These are the newest patterns/colors for the wall butterflies... so fun and bright!


Boy blocks... I haven't painted the letters on them yet, but I'll get it done...hopefully :)


Girl Blocks... I have a full supply of all the letters and I've also left some blank so that I can paint needed letters on the spot at the show.


Canvas Wall Art... Some are in an unfinished state, as you can see....


They all pretty much coordinate with each other... that way, buy one or five, and you have a custom look that works together for your little one's room... Perfect! (I just love these!!)



Desk, bathroom, or diaper stand organizers... 3 cute little cups to organize just about anything...all in a matching tray.


Fabric covered storage buckets... these are the best! They brighten up a room and organize...you can't get much better than that!

Well, the fair is just a few days away and I'm ready to be done! I love creating, but I love being a mom more. Time to go back to my most important job :) Come check out our booth on September 19 in Hillsboro, KS. The pictures show many of our items, but by no means everything! So you'll have to take a look for yourself. This year we're in a new spot: 2nd block South of Grand (on Main) facing East right in front of Hillsboro Ford... did you get that? :) Brenda's Satin and Fleece, my mother-in-law, is right beside us. Also a new spot for her this year. She sells very sweet baby items also: jackets, caps, blankets, changing pads, etc...

22 comments:

  1. Ooooh my goodness!! It's all so cute!!! I especially love the Avery blocks... perhaps cause that's my daughter's name. :) You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought of you, Ginger, when I used that name for the block example... it's such a sweet name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the buckets and the book frames, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to make some of these blocks for my daughter! :) Could you give a brief description of how you made them? Are they non-toxic? Thanks, I love you blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure! For the wood of the blocks, we bought from the lumber yard a length of 2x2 wood and cut it down into squares, sanding the edges as you can see. I'm sure you can purchase similar blocks at a hobby store like Hobby Lobby if you'd like. Then we painted them white. Next I cut squares of coordinating fabrics with a pinking shears for 4 of the sides. I used Mod Podge, which is non-toxic, to adhere them to the painted block. I hand-painted letters of the two sides of the block that were left and then gave it a final coat of mod podge over the entire block. You could make them without letters or you could use many of the scrapbooking letter options available out there if you didn't want to hand paint letters. Pretty easy! cute, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these on another persons Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=125626120882188&set=a.121644344613699.22461.100003044012863&type=1&theater LOVE this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you mind if I ask what you used for the three matching can with stand sets? And the tutorial for those?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brie :). The cups with the trays I ordered on line from a wholesale site... It was a couple years ago, so I don't remember the name of the site! They are painted galvanized metal. The cups and trays are covered in fabric using mod podge... Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bird wall art is adorable. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have really neat items. Finding your site brought back many memories. My mom and me use to sell things at the Hillsboro craft show every year. She is now 87 and I'm sure would be by my side if I was still in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fabric-covered book picture frame. So sweet. I'm Pinning this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great blog! I love all your fabric ideas! Found you on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi...I am brazilian and I loved your creations. Congratulations. Can I talk with you because I loved your ideas and love the buckets and the book frames, so pretty.
    Do you mind if I ask what you used for the can with the book frames. Could you give a brief description of how you made them? My email is maggepontedecor@gmail.com sets? And the tutorial for those?

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the fabric frames. because we are recyling old cereal boxes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you find the buckets and frames.....I would love to make some. I am a stay at home mom in search of a hobby!

      Delete
  15. I love, love the fabric on canvas!! How do you attach the fabric to the canvas? Do you have to put a texture over the final project to stay in place? Any help would be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley!
      Congrats on the soon arriving baby :) Yay!
      I used Mod Podge to make the canvas art that you saw on my blog. I just cut the shapes out of fabric and "glued" them onto the canvas with the mod podge. Then once my design was complete I covered the entire canvas in a thick coat of mod podge. Very easy and super fun! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

      Delete
  16. I love your works, especially the wall butterflies, could you tell me how to make those wall butterflies? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the fabric-covered books with the inset pictures. Can you share how you did those?

    ReplyDelete
  18. When i see these decorative picture frames than i can't guess this was made by the old book covers, it's really a great idea you have shared for making beautiful picture frame, i want to that, thanks for sharing the resource for full tutorial. wall butterflies are also has incredible look. All the work are worth admirable. Keep it up.

    canvas art a special delight for walls

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are very inspiring! I've been looking for fabric projects that don't require sewing - photos and everything mentioned here -I love it!! I was wondering where you got the tin storage buckets....I confess I want to make the same thing for when I carry the feed out to our chickens! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips