HOME SWEET HOME TOUR... The Playroom

Oh, my... I've been meaning to take pics of this room for so long now!  Several months ago, maybe early Spring, hubs and I repainted and totally redecorated this room.   I wish I had before pics... but I wasn't that on the ball :(  It had light brown walls....which when  paired with the dark wood just made the room seem dark and gloomy.  We had an old couch in there and a gigantic old TV... we ditched both and opted for a daybed and no TV instead.

Now it's cheery and bright!  I wanted creamy white walls to reflect all the light from the windows, but I still needed my turquoise/teal color somewhere... so we painted the ceiling!  We put many of the toys away (in tubbies in cupboards elsewhere)... making it easier to keep clean.  My girls don't want to play in crowded messy rooms!  This has helped.  It's such a happy room now!

Anyway... just wanted to share one of my fav rooms in the house!  Enjoy the tour :) 


Hubs said he would make me a base for the daybed like on Pottery Barn... you know with the cubbies to put baskets in... but for lack of time and funds :)  we utilized some old box springs and wrapped them in old chenille blankets.  Works for now... and didn't cost me a dime!


 I am so addicted to vintage books... especially children's books.  I love the look of them.  They have such cheery colors and beautiful illustrations!







When we started redecorating this room, I went on a hunt for cheap, yet charming containers to store little toys in...  I found this set of vintage kitchen tins on Etsy for a wonderfully cheap price!  They were still in good shape, yet not so perfect that I would have a hard time letting my kiddos play with them.  They have been the ideal thing for storing little food items, small plastic animals, etc.


I knew I wanted an area to display the girls' artwork, and immediately thought of clipboards... like you see everywhere :)  But I wanted to spruce them up a bit and make them more "Amy Style".  So I used those old Montgomery Ward catalogs...AGAIN...and pulled out pages that had toys or kid items on them.  I used Mod Podge to adhere and seal them to the clipboards.  I love how they turned out.  It adds just enough charm without looking too busy.



Well that's it, friends!
Hope you enjoyed the tour :)  If you'd like to see more of the house click on the HOME SWEET HOME TOUR button on the side...

Blessings,



6 comments:

  1. absolutely adorable!
    love your storage ideas-thinking of doing the same with the old tins- do you think they are safe for kids (lead paint by chance?)
    i am guessing yes since they were probably originally canisters to store food- but who knows?!...we never used to use car seats etc either! Ha!
    how ever did we all survive?! love your blog amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: Fantastic!
    Love your creativity Amy!
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this is super cute. I love the vintage look and the vintage toys. So cute!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the clipboard idea...may have to steal that one :). Miss you and hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    I found your blog through a pin on Pinterest, and while my browsing started out as wonderful inspiration for decor, after reading the story of the twins I now find your words inspiring on several other levels. My second pregnancy was also miraculous and life-threatening, and it truly was God's grace that saw everyone through it.

    Thank you for sharing, and I look forward to reading more of your blog!
    ~EM

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute Amy! Love the art display. ANd I've come to really enjoy the color turquoise and what you do with it... :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips