HAPPY THING :) Vanilla Milk...

The other day when we were out as a family in OKC, the girls were thirsty and J.J. and I needed a boost as well, so we stopped at Starbucks.  We usually get the girls regular milk there, but they were out.  So we opted for their vanilla milk (rather than chocolate, because I don't like stains!).  Whoah.  That stuff was good.  The girls were licking there lips and rubbing there tummies acting like it was the best thing they had ever tasted! ... It reminded me of something I used to drink when I couldn't sleep.  I would heat a mug a milk in the microwave, add a teaspoonful of sugar and a drop of vanilla.  So... I offered that sometime I would make them vanilla milk at home.  Let's just say they take me up on that offer as frequently as they can :)  It's become a special "tea time" of sorts... we always use the special little flowered glasses, as they call them.  It's fun to see them get all excited.  It's definitely a Happy Thing :)

In case you'd like to try it as well...
I just warm 4 cups of milk and add 6-8 Tablespoons of sugar (depending on how sweet you want it) and a teaspoon of vanilla.  Chill and serve!  Yum.



Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and love the happy vibe. :) Also love the girl's curls, the pic of the little hand dipping in the milk, and the recipe sounds great! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, what cute pics of your kids. They are growing up too fast! We've just stumbled upon vanilla milk too! (my son was at his Granny's house & she served it..now we are all hooked on it!)
    Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are sweet photos! I will have to try the vanilla in the milk!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips