Am I still young?

So here's the deal.
I'm 28... will be 29 in October.
I've been married 9 years.
I have 4 kids... under 7 years of age.

I feel old!  Not because of my age...
maybe because I have 4 kiddos?

maybe because I'm tired all the time.

maybe because I can't bounce back after staying up late anymore.

maybe because I don't really think plastic forks stuck in my yard, oreos all over my garage door, car, and mailbox, and plastic wrap everywhere are really that funny.  (that happened to our house last night.)

maybe because I'm not losing my post-baby weight as quickly as the other times. 

maybe because I rarely feel like I can "tackle the world" anymore.

maybe because I'm stressed and crazy busy all the time.

But I'm ONLY 28!  ...that's not actually old at all.  Some people aren't even married yet at this age! 

I don't want to feel old... and tired... (big sigh.)

What happened?? 

JJ and I's anniversary was Wednesday... Jeremy's mom was here and she offered to watch the kids so we could go on a date.  It was really sweet of her.
We decided to go to a late movie after the kids were in bed so that we could enjoy her a bit and not subject her to Virgil's screaming tendencies. 

After the movie, at 1:00am, we were both dead tired.  We are accustomed to staying up late... but this was like the 5th night in a week and a half that I'd stayed up super late (two of which were around 4am).
BUT... we felt so pathetic!  It was our anniversary and we didn't want to just head home!  So... we grabbed some Red Bull and made a bee line for Walmart. 

This was the result... our somewhat pathetic attempt to feel young :) :)








"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint."

Isaiah 40:30-31

Blessings,

9 comments:

  1. So stinkin hilarious! And now I keep walking around the house saying to myself...Do you not know? Have you not heard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!!

    I LOVE it!!! Now, even I wouldn't have thought of capturing those kind of photos at walmart! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!!! And I'll be 32 this year, 3 kids, married 13 years.... and I sometimes feel really old too! Maybe it's all the wisdom we have? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious Amy! Happy Anniversary! I feel old too but I rarely stay up past 11 and still feel dead tired all day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy: If you and Jeremy can be so carefree and act silly at Walmart, you are not old! I love the photos--how creative to think of those poses.
    Aunt Helena

    ReplyDelete
  6. When someone wrote 'you are only as old as you feel' they were right on. It's not about chronological but about attitude and where you are in your life. I felt older in my late 20's when my boys were really little than I did in my 30's when they were bigger.

    In my 40's we decided we needed more little ones so now I'm feelin' old again ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun pics, happy anniversary! Uh and you do not look old at ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny! I feel all of those things except for old. I often wonder if I am old enough to be in this life stage! 27 with 4 littles 5 and under. When did this happen?

    Oh, and when Albert and I go on a date, we are home by 9. Exciting huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. To everything a Season.... This phase will fade!
    I promise (it already has since I'm commenting 1/2 a decade after the fact!❤️❤️) Once the kids are more independant, Life Improves TEN FOLD!!! ����������

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips