Today is your birthday...



Jeremy... your birthday is almost over, but I didn't want the day to end without me telling you a few things.
There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not so incredibly thankful for having you as my husband... my companion. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude when I think of how the Lord has blessed me through you.  We were so young when we decided that we wanted to marry each other... only 17.  I didn't know what I was doing... neither did you...we were just goofy kids :)  I didn't know what I was getting with you.  I just thought you were cute and really fun to hang out with :)   But God did... and he gave me you.  He gave me so much more than I could have hoped for...

I didn't know that you were going to make me feel like the most beautiful woman in world.  I didn't know that you would cherish me and take care of me the way you do...that you would spoil me with endless diet coke, insanely late hang-out nights, and lots of babies. :) 

I didn't know that you were going to be such an incredible father.  A father who not only loves and encourages with tender affection, but also diligently strives to instruct his children in biblical truth.  I didn't know that you would be such a partner in parenting... that you would be so supportive and encouraging.

I didn't know that you were going to throw away your dreams of success in the business world to follow God's call into ministry.  I didn't know that you would become a man who would inspire me... a man who's passionate and holds to his convictions...a man who's optimistic and strong... a man who's full of dreams and plans... a man who wants to be used by God no matter what the cost.   I look at you and see all your God given strengths.  I don't know what exactly God is going to do with all those strengths, but I feel priviledged to be the woman on your arm... because I know he's going to use you.  And I can't wait to give him all the glory as I see him accomplish his purpose through you.   

I didn't know that I was getting such a good man... I didn't know that I would feel so proud to be your wife... I didn't know that I could love you this much. 

Happy Birthday, Baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips