Rest... on pretty sheets.


Sunday is a day of rest...

Lately I've been trying really hard to use it for that. 
I tend to be the type of person that is always chipping away at the to-do list, desperately trying to get to the end of it :)  In the past I've made the mistake of using Sunday afternoons to "catch-up", but it was causing me to burn out.  ...then it hit me... ah, yes, this day has been given to us for that very reason! ... to provide rest and allow time to focus on our first love without distractions. 

Now, I take a nap every Sunday afternoon.  My sweet husband, accommodates this even though he is always involved in the Sunday morning worship service at our church.  He knows I need it... he is so sweet :)

So I shut the door... it's quiet... and I rest. 

I bought "new" sheets awhile ago... they are lovely vintage ones that appear to have never been used!  oh, the joy :) 

So I lay in bed... in my calming quiet room, on my pretty sheets... and I thank God for a day of rest.  I ask him to renew my body, give me strength for the week ahead.  I thank him for that husband that takes care of me, and I thank him for those kids that I occasionally need to escape from :) 

It's easy to fall asleep... and when I wake I'm rested, better prepared to face the week ahead.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

Blessings on your week ahead :)

2 comments:

  1. those sheets are so pretty! We all get caught up with our lists and tasks and even just getting lost on the internet that we forget to breathe and take a rest. what a wonderful way to spend Sunday (aka the day of rest) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post...it makes me too want to take a nap on sundays. :) Sheets are delightful.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips