a little art work...


When I lived in Iowa, I developed an alphabet collections of illustrations. Each alphabet letter was filled with a child or baby doing something... I painted some of them in watercolor, creating coordinating sets to form names for Alice and some of my friends, but beyond that I never really did anything with them. I've always wondered how I might be able to use my designs/drawings in a more enjoyable way (I don't really like the mess of watercolors with little ones around!)... Well, I was looking at some blogs the other day and came across an absolutely beautiful artist who inspired me! She creates beautiful illustrations of children also...She draws in pen and then colors them in Photoshop. I immediately thought of the piles of drawings that I had under the bed and decided to give it a try! Okay... this process was way more enjoyable to me and took much less time!! Yeah!! I really like the results, too... Well, I'm not sure what I'll do with my new found option, but I'm excited to start converting my drawings into pen and start coloring them in Photoshop. You can see my first attempt above :) You'll have to check out the other blog, too... www.sarahjanestudios.com/blog/ So fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips