Monday, March 12, 2012
Fabric Washi Tape Strips Tutorial
Yeah, yeah, I know... I make alot of "fake" washi tape. But it's so cute! And it provides such charm, color, cuteness, whimsy, blah, blah, blah to anything and everything! So forgive me :)
I just lately tried out my idea of making this fabric washi tape... and low and behold it actually worked! yipee.
Think of all those fabric scraps you have... you could make piles of different prints of washi tape with it!!!
oh, glorious day.
YOU WILL NEED:
-scissors OR rotary cutter, ruler, and cutting board
-3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive - I am in love with this stuff... I've used it forever on EVERYTHING
you can find it a number of places... I buy it at Lowes.
WHAT YOU DO:
It's super easy.
1. cut fabric into strips... I made them 3/4" wide
2. then cut the strips with the pinking shears into various lengths of "tape"
3. turn them upside down on cardboard or wax paper
4. spray GENEROUSLY with 3M Super 77(...outside or in your garage. duh. )
5. use immediately for best stick OR place on wax paper for use later!
** I realized afterwards that it might be best to iron your fabric before you begin... the creases make the tape not want to lie flat... obviously.