Vintage additions to V's room...and some thoughts.

I've been wanting to show you this turquoise suitcase that Jeremy picked up for me at a garage sale for awhile now...  Then my mom let me take home some old Fisher Price toys a couple weeks ago... so I thought I'd give you a peek into V's room this morning with the new vintage additions to his decor.  His room's on the East side of the house, so it's morning shots or none at all :)

I'm using the suitcase to store blocks and other extra toys that I don't want out everyday... I used to have baskets under the crib.  I like this better.

I love the colors of the old Fisher Price toys... they coordinate perfectly with the colors in Virgil's room.  LOVE that orangey-red color! 


I woke up this morning feeling very low and discouraged...  Do you ever get that way?  Sometimes I feel like such an inadequate mom, wife, and even follower of Christ, and I often get overwhelmed by all that life sets out before me.  It's hard to dive into mothering, school, and business responsibilities on days like today.... that's why I decided to do a post first, instead :)  I think cleaning, business, and even school today will have to take a backseat to trying to refocus and get my mind and attitude back on the right track. 

My devotions this morning from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young was very appropriate...
"Relax in My everlasting arms. Your weakness is an opportunity to grow strong in awareness of My Almighty Presence. When your energy fails  you, do not look inward and lament the lack you find there. Look to Me and My sufficiency..."

"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." 
Deuteronomy 33:27

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."
Psalm 27:13-14


Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. i have those kind of days too. all moms do. good luck getting back on track and know that all of us feel discouraged from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy J...you're not alone! When i so often find myself discouraged & unworthy I fall back on His Promise in Psalm 103...
    "But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children— with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts."

    Be encouraged girl! thanks for sharing!
    ♥jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only recently started following your blog... and I'm glad I did. :) Thanks for sharing your morning sentiments (and the fun new decor!) We've greatly enjoyed making little 'doodle stickers' that remind us to "bee kind" or loving, etc. :D Looking forward to printing the restaurant menus soon!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips